Bitte Sprache wählen

Hallo, bitte hier einloggen

Noch kein Mitglied?
und das neue & bessere, preisgekrönte English Live entdecken.

Close

+49 (0)32221095742

Willkommen bei "Doctors"

Sprache: English
Mitglieder: 291
Leiter: samantha, Lucas, Meriam (Administrator)

Willst du diese Gruppe wirklich verlassen?

Soll die Diskussion to what extent could we assess the contemporary medicine? wirklich gelöscht werden?
Von sabdo107, am 08.08.2012 12:45:23
to what extent could we assess the contemporary medicine?

PLEASE SMILE BEFORE READING THIS

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Humanity,

A question  raised to whom it may concern

Why  has there been an increase in diseases despite the development of medicine of nowadays? Why has our health been susbstantially affected in the presence of various chemical drugs? why has there been a rise in mortality cases in spite of the diversification of  diagnosis techniques, therapeutic protocols, and medical polyclinics? Why are treatment methods still inefficient although researchers have used innovative sophisticated tools to better understand the physiological mechanisms of the organism, to puzzle out the complexity of several biomolecular reactions as well as  the intricacy of different cell-signal pathways  interactions? Why do we notice the emanation of new rebellious diseases that have not ever existed formerly? Why have people  become drug consumers? Why have cases of psychological disorders currently rocketed despite much more availability of high techs and recreational facilities, which are supposed to alleviate the heavy burden of domestic and labor tasks?...

The list is very long, and I always try to reflect upon such issues and ponder: why is contemporary medicine  still unable to bring serenity, internal peace, or at least smile to the majority of people?? Which is more beneficial: alloting large sums of money to in-depth biomedical research while many people of the world are still starving and striving to find basic treatment means, or combining efforts to save people lives through raising more funds and making donations for the great good of humaniy? But this seems to be  at the expense of scientific experiments progress. Could we realize both?

Is it possible to say that many co-factors have interfered with the real meaning and the ultimate purpose of medicine as a whole? Is medical "subconsious" growing in harmony with  human body nature, or still programmed by external factors? Are we standing on the right path or still indulging into a "schizophrenic" state? Is it decent to say that medicine and human life are unconsciously running anti-clockwise, or a drastic change in human lifestyle should be made from scratch?Who should be blamed: doctors and/or human behaviour? Or maybe we are all vicitims of a vicious circle.

I would like to wrap up by the fact that the change starts from you and I, and if you point to someone with a finger four fingers are pointed to yourself.

PLEASE BREATHE DEEPLY AFTER READING THIS

ABDO

Von ssafaa20, am 08.08.2012 16:32:55
RE: to what extent could we assess the contemporary medicine?

you are right , there is increasing in diseases despite of the presense of the propable medicines , i think the couse is the change in life style and in the environment how it became polluted , in the other hand the diseases became resistant to some medicines.. one of the couse of why some medicines dose not work is the beleiving of patient on the treatment , its psychological factors if patient beleive on the medicine this will help him to be better, its just like placebo , some of experiments done on some ill patients it was not a real medicine they just beleive this medicine will treat them and it worked .In general way there is still hidden factors...

Von sabdo107, am 08.08.2012 20:30:06
RE: RE: to what extent could we assess the contemporary medicine?

Thanks sister for your comment. It's just a topic and everyone could agree or disagree according to his/her experience and life perspectives. Well, according to you, human lifestyle, pollution and psychological factors could deter from getting good results from some remedies. Accordingly, if placebo shows the same effect of medical drugs, so could psychotherapeutic methods be more reliable than chemical drugs? In that case, what is the usefulness of such a chemical drug? Can someone find an explanation of how psychology  could prevail in many cases, and how can these so called facors be defined as scientific notions? Are there recent studies explaining the biological mechanisms behind those psychological factors?

Thank you in advance for reply

Abdo

Von NKUKLINA2, am 11.08.2012 02:38:06

Hello, Abdo! Good topic, but it's the perennial question of philosophy to the civilization we are moving forward, breaking down a lot on its way? Medicine has never been only medicine. Besides medicine, there have always been a study, sometimes ending in death, people, money, business, power, victory, defeat.And, as any part of our life, medicine, too, is moving forward in a spiral, getting a new and often destroying the old one.All this is true. But when I see before me the suffering of my little patients, I do not think about the philosophy, just every time, for the first time, I bring all my knowledge, new and old, all power, all the features of our clinic in order to save their lives.Humanity does not improve or worsens life and real people doing it. If each of us to save even one life, for me, there are dozens more, the medicine is not as bad. And again, there can not be two things at once. Or do you think about saving lives, or how to get this life-earned money. Thank you.

Von sabdo107, am 11.08.2012 12:09:04

Hello Nadezda, Thank you for your comment.

Well, I should remind you that this subject is merely for discussion and each one might evaluate medicine of nowadays in his/her own view.

First, throughout history, Medicine and Philosophy were growing in conformity with each other. You can look back to scientists of  Greek and Islamic civilizations at ancient times; they were philosophers and physicians at once. they tried to tackle health problems considering two great elements: Body and Spirit. They used to believe that the most effective healing approach is based upon these two attached parts. They excelled in most cases and succeeded to ease physical and mental impairments in their own way. For that reason, they regarded spirit and body as two inseparably linked components.

Second, It is impossible to make an unanimous assessment or an absolute judgement on current medicine because the medical system differs from one community to another. It may be influenced by culture, history, customs, academic system, but especially by people awareness, doctors conscientiousness and work ethics. It is obvious that the first and the ultimate goal of medicine is saving lives regardless of any other considerations, and it is supposed to be taken as top priority. However, I wonder how far this is applied on the ground.

Third, I would like to ask you if miserable hospital conditions for example or the lack of medical equipment interfere with saving people lives. Could Doctors do their utmost in the absence of basic tools?

Finally, do you think that the health insurance system might encourage most of people to benefit to the maximum from "high-quality" costly health services provided by private polyclinics?

In short, making those elements in balance would not only reduce people suffering (which you have mentioned), but make a real improvement.

My sincere thanks.

ABDO

Von NKUKLINA2, am 11.08.2012 14:37:41
RE: RE: RE: to what extent could we assess the contemporary medicine?
Abdo, to be honest, I had great pleasure reading your comment. I also know that the philosophy and medicine have always been inextricably linked. Unfortunately, we often forget about the soul, when we treat the body. I mean my country. Our medicine has a lot of problems with the availability of decent doctors.With insufficient development of health insurance yet, the only people who have insurance may be eligible for highly skilled assistance. Urgent rule out cases. Private clinics in my town I do not trust. In terms of anesthesia is the savings on equipment, postanesthetic follow-up.Public hospitals are filled with equipment, but it is often no one to work because of low wages. Returning to the medical insurance, you will get expensive drugs and expensive test, but will never know if it was you really need.Perfecting a professional, I am more sad embraces the future of our medicine, and people in need of it. You have touched on, in my view, a global problem. I'm trying to soft it in his work, but I decide it can not. You may agree with me that for anesthesia and intensive care, this problem is also a serious. Thanks for your attention.
Von sabdo107, am 12.08.2012 12:49:37
RE: RE: RE: RE: to what extent could we assess the contemporary medicine?

Good day Nadezda and thanks again for your valuable comment,

Concerning anesthesia, revivifing patient's soul prior to anesthetic acts can help get more successful results. For instance, feeding the spirit at pre-operative time could make the patient not only more respondent to anesthesia process, but also less susceptible to side effects of anesthetic drugs during post-operative care. Besides, people who are spiritually nourished (by doctors or any close individual) get more chances to recover from diseases and to present fewer post-surgical complications. The role of spirit is quite patent principally in cancerous diseases, where such patients need to be morally well-prepared just before undergoing general anesthesia, surgery or chemotherapy.

With regard to  intensive care, it is common knowledge that cases, full of hope, optimism, or displaying high morale, would much quicklier get out of their critical conditions. There are many studies reporting that people presenting strong faith, i.e. pious individuals, hold more patience, power and determination to face any crucial  disruption even though they come into  extreme states of vigilance trouble such as Coma. On the other hand, much lower suicide cases or that of psychological disorders have been registered among such a group. The physiological mechanisms behind this phenomenon are still under controversial studies, but some experts stated that these type of people may have higher level blood rates of chemical moderators of pain and suffering, or that of hormones  boosting  feelings of cheerfulness, joyfulness... Could we expect, within this category, specific biomolecular reactions that may deactivate the corporeal death process, or inhibit specific death-programming genes?

I strongly believe that medical doctors can largely contribute to precipitating the cure process. As an illustration, the fact of showing a smiling face or friendly attitude towards  patients on regular basis might increase the hopefulness of the sick and lead to positive feedbacks. Even touching the hand of an unconscious patient may arouse feelings of reassurance and serenity inside them, and hasten then the healing process regardless of any explanation behind. As you know, there is an alternative medical school that relies on skin touch-based healing methods to cure several ailments. The essential condition  is that the patient and especially the practictitioner should bear high levels of spirit and belief in order to obtain tremendous cure effects.

The relationship between the healer and the other party should be based on mutual confidence. The doctor must be normally the best example to follow: is it conceivable that a heavy drinker or a great smoker physician would successfully deal with alcohol consumers or smokers? Moreover, whatever the persuasive methods used to convince a patient to follow an anti-diabetic diet, doctors are quite likely to fail in most cases if they did not comply with some dieting rules to prevent themselves from diabetes, heart diseases or any metabolic disorder.

At the end, I would like to point out that governments should be aware that doctors are one of the most contributors to the society development. Mentally and physically ready physicians would certainly ensure an ideal healthy atmosphere for all citizens to move forward, and thereby this helps people retrieve their energy and their shape to prosper in all life aspects. The lack of suitable  clinical work ambience would  badly impact the health sector, and then hinder the wheel of life on all levels.

My kindest regards,

Abdo

Von NKUKLINA2, am 16.08.2012 15:21:24
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: to what extent could we assess the contemporary medicine?
Welcome, Abdo! Sorry for the long absence. Given your profound knowledge in the psychology of patients, I would like to know your opinion about the emotional problems of doctors. Have you known syndrome of emotional burnout and fatigue doctors? Giving patients a part of his soul, and sometimes you feel emotional devastation. In the early years of your work you die with each patient, but then experienced doctors are often too rigid and unemotional, indifferent to the feeling of patients.How do you keep peace of mind?I'm trying to find words of moral support for each ,but in difficult moments experiencing emotional stress and, of course, my specialty is usually exit of adrenaline. And I know this unpleasant feeling of moral fatigue. I look forward to your reply.
Von lpinto574, am 04.11.2012 05:51:04
in my humble opinion there's no increase in diseases... we have an increases to the way to discover NEW diseases... loow at the continue and further development of biological since from genetics to molecular genetics to biotechnology and so on.... IMHO...
Von sabdo107, am 04.11.2012 09:59:44

I have a different view. I believe that diseases' rates keep growing over time despite the biomolecular techniques and curative methods recently discovered. It's obvious that many studies have stated high records around the world but at different incidences.

Just I will give you some flagrant examples: Firstly, we noticed an increase in psychological disorders over the last few decades in spite of the diversification of the present therapeutic healing approaches. Secondly, much of the latest genetic research experiments had unfortunately been applied in the wrong way that have lately  brought tremendous damage to human life through the emanation of the  so-called industrialized chemical products and the genetically-modified food commodities. In this regard, we have witnessed the outbreak of genetic and endocrine  ailments which have not ever been recognized. Thirdly, some other common maladies have become more harmful and vulnerable to our health. As an illustration, a large group of viruses and bacteria sub-types grow more resistent to antibiotics and vaccines due to various well-known  factors. Fourthly but not Finally, a great range of unheard-of autoimmune and drug adverse reactions-related impairments were reported over the past few years and should be then  seriously taken into account henceforth etc.

In short, If we pretend to deny such a truth, I wonder why the number of private clinics (human banks) is rising as high as financial banks??